Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Colossus Once More

Haku, dragon of Lore.
I fear him, as all people should.
A foe one
hundred times greater than
I. I
cannot look away from him. The
valley of
Apsu. A battleground.
My horse, my
sword, myself. Death all a-

-round. Never pretty, but never dead.
He can-
-not see me, I am too small.

Yet, the sword is smaller. No light should
reflect through fog and
mist. Does he sense
its bloodlust?
A centipede crawls through
the
sky. Poisoning the sun, the vall-
-ey
yearns for warmth. I shall deliver.
The air rum-
-bles, and Haku descends.
He comes to be with
mortal men, and
deliver ‘divine’
punishment. May
my sword, strike true. Dust
kick up, and the

fog breaks at my charge. Haku swallows
the fog
in front of him. He will not
be stopped from reaching his prey.
Fear no
evil. I whisper.
Dirt kicks up as
Haku smash-
-es into the ground. I
choke,
the air cannot be breathed. My horse
top-
-ples, I am sent through the air. I
land onto
something hard, not ground or
dirt. Scale and hair. Ha-
-ku, can you feel
me? He can as he shakes him-
-self, try-
-ing to rid himself of me.
I can

see his head from where I am laying.
I grip onto his hair. His blood is
below me, I feel it pulse. A vein?
A nerve? A weakness...
Ring true, my blade.
Stab through the
scale, the hair, the skin, the
flesh.
Kill my enemy, make me a
he-
-ro. Save the desolate valley.
Bring me Death.
The dust will clear. I will
stand, a miracle
or fluke, it mat-
-ters not. The beast is fallen,
by my
hands, my horse
and my own bloody sword

No comments:

Post a Comment