Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Forgotten Photo

A white house, seven people,
bunched together, as if
pressed in by the walls
of the frame. Smiles on their
faces, wrinkles around their eyes.
Who are they? I have this
Photograph

that I’ve never seen before.
I show a friend, he doesn’t
know either. He’s not
very focused on it though.
Hypnotized

by his own writing. He
sends me along. The street's
getting a little busy
especially during the night.
An old friend sells me
Guavaberry

my favorite drink. He doesn’t
know it either. But it looks
familiar to him. He makes me keep
it though. He says, “I’m not the thinker
that you are. Find out on your own.”
Frijolero

stop giving me more things
to do, and energy to do it.
There's a special drive during the night.
It’s good to be alive then.
I meet two sisters. I dated them
both once...
never mind.
One tackles me quickly,
forcing me into a
Moondance

with her. The other kisses
me. They’re too fun loving
to have them think too hard
on something so small.
I’ll see them at the party,
“Or maybe in bed?” I hear, and
turn around. My last friend,
they thought he had
Cancer

but he showed them.
I show him the photograph,
he looks at it and then at me.
He smiles, he shakes his head,
and then he walks away.
“There’s a party in town,”
he says to me,
“All our friends are there.
Don’t go
Crazy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment