Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Inner Intervention



A Little Piece of Heaven
A cup of coffee.
Newspaper in hand, and
a biscuit between teeth. Here
lies a man who’s life went nowhere
near where he wanted it to go
“Before the story begins...”

Maybe you should know,
your dreams never mattered.
The hopes you had for them,
however,
did.

Monkey Wrench
in the plans of a simple man.
God’s plan had not intended
that a man would lose sight of
what he hoped for,
and what he was.
“What have we done”

To deserve the beating that
we received at the hands of
friends. It was them, I know.
They expect the wrong things.
The people who hope to be
great, may be greater than them,
and so they beat us down.

Strutter
Moves along the sidewalk.
He’s got it, still there, deep
in his mind. It’s the only reason,
she hangs around him.
She wants him back.
She wants the hope.
“I know a thing or two”

About love, hopes, dreams.
I have them, I still do.
They keep me going,
because life is too dull
to not have them by your side
keeping your eyes to the sky.

Sound of Silence
He’s stopped, listening.
There is nothing in his office.
He can hear no movement,
no life. He stares into the wall.
He hasn’t turned on his lights yet.
“Hello darkness,”

I’ve not seen you for
a long time. His life
is filled with light and
noise. I think he forgot what
peace felt like. Can
you save me? Or him?

Girlfriend
He’s alone, even with his
friends. She loves him, he thinks.
“I wanna love somebody”

I could sweep her off her
feet. But you need to let me out.
Stop chaining me, locking me up,
I’m a part of you. Just let me loose.
Hey, can you hear me?

Invisible Touch
He shudders, standing quickly,
his chair toppling over. His desk
now stared at by fearful
wide eyes.
“Well I’ve been waiting”

For you to pay attention
to the words of your soul.
It’s not easy, I know, but
you should start to
listen.

The Pretender
is what he’s been. And what
he is at this moment. He could
open his eyes, but would it
be enough?
“Keep you in the dark”

Find the light, it’s
in the hope. You’ve got
some left. Use it on something,
or someone, that you know.
That’s right, you get it.

Company Car
speeding down the highway.
She lives near him, she
has for the last decade.
He knows why, at least,
he hopes he does.
“Mike, was right”

He knew you’d figure out
where your old self was.
You found the remains,
keep what’s left. It’s
the good parts.

Smoke on the Water
He left the engine running,
and the brakes loose. The
car toppled down a hill,
and smashed into the lake.
He didn’t notice.
“We all came down”

To see you get it on.
Go on my friend, she’s
been waiting on you
for a long time.
Now hurry up.

Let it Whip
Let it out, let yourself
keep your hopes and
dreams. Through life
until the end.
“Love to see you”

Remember how to confess,
and how to show her you care…
Can you get off of her now?

No comments:

Post a Comment